"Is mayonnaise an instrument?" - Patrick
Patrick Star is the deuteragonist of the SpongeBob SquarePants series. He is an overweight starfish, who is best friends with SpongeBob SquarePants. He was voiced by Bill Fagerbakke, and created by the late Stephen Hillenburg.
Why He Rocks
- He may be dumb, but he presents his idiocy hilariously (not always, however), and this is a prime example of how amusing his stupidity can be.
- With that said, his eccentric behavior as a goofball can be just as hilarious if not more.
- He was responsible for creating such memetic material with some expressions he's made from the series to the 2004 movie and such memeable scenes his existence has made with many worldwide.
- With that said, he is greatly animated.
- He also at the same time, made some quotable lines and timeless scenes that were quotable like the "Game over" scene or memeable like the "The ugly barnacle" story or the "Look at it" scene for example.
- He has shown to have a great, strong and healthy friendship with SpongeBob with thoroughly helping SpongeBob whenever he's at his lowest or even motivating him like in the pilot episode of SpongeBob in such a relatable and childlike fashion that he is quite lovable to be around when he isn't trying to be stupid, but rather a supportive stooge instead.
- Also like Homer, he can have some brilliant moments with showing high intelligence on occassion aside from his usual stupidity. Especially where he was marginally intelligent in Season 1, he just got a lot stupider over time.
- Speaking of which, he is a very pleasant, helpful, affable, and loyal character to be around.
- He's usually very understanding to his friends like SpongeBob and even other characters who loathe him like Squidward or Sandy.
- He has a cute character design, like SpongeBob and many characters done by Hillenburg.
- Despite being annoying at times, he has honest intentions for his behavior or actions.
- He is simple-minded but charming.
- While usually slothful, messy, and lazy at home, he can be fun-loving like SpongeBob and is also charmingly silly at the same time.
- He is amazingly and memorably voiced by Bill Fagerbakke in an iconic yet goofy manner (or sometimes in such different ways of speaking like in the Patrick Smartpants episode).
- He managed to recover from his flanderization from seasons 6-8 during season 9, where he managed to become a likable character again and thankfully managed to get his character back in shape.
- He’s still likable in Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, and has gotten some extra charm in that spin-off, as he has funny behavior such as when he takes one of SpongeBob's jellyfish to make toast with jelly.
- He’s still likable in his own spin-off show, still having his charming and funny personality, and actually being a good comic-relief protagonist, unlike what happened to Sheen in Planet Sheen, and Cat in Sam & Cat.
- He, along with SpongeBob, was sadly flanderized in Seasons 6-8, becoming a very annoying and immature idiot (but thankfully he was more redeemable and like himself again in new seasons).
- Even in his non-Flanderization, he can be clueless and ignorant for the wrong reasons.
- His lack of common sense can be either destructive or provactive.
- With this in mind, like Ed or Pinky: He can also do some disgusting stuff as well (primarily because of potty humor such as belches/etc).
- He can be super naive and have misjudgments about people.
- With that said. Even in his non-Flanderization, his stupidity can be unfunny or over-exaggerated at times (e.g "The Goofy Newbie" for example had mostly the same joke about his impulsively gluttonous nature).
- At home he can be very listless, lazy, gross, untidy, slothful, and indolent. He can carry this attitude outside of his home, such as when he scratched his back with a spatula that he was using for cooking at the Krusty Krabs while SpongeBob was supposed to be on mandatory break by order of Mr. Krabs.
- His overreactions or temper tantrums, such as being put behind a red rope, can be very annoying.
- He spawned countless memes, the "Is mayonaise an instrument?" meme being the most well-remembered out of the many.
- He is getting his own show called “The Patrick Star Show” which is set to debut on July 9th, 2021.
- He was born on February 26th, 1984 making him a pisces.
- In a theory based on SpongeBob and his friends representing "The 7 Deadly Sins", Patrick is considered to be the "Sloth" as several examples were shown in many episodes that he shows how incredibly lazy he is.