Olive Oyl was the Famous Studios counterpart of the original counterpart of the Popeye character of the same name.
Why She Rocks
- She was the all-American sloppy woman.
- She is 50% cuteness and 50% wackiness.
- She acted a lot more of a sassy, vain, quirky, foolish, shallow and completely helpless woman. However, she acted even more of a wacky clown.
- Her cutesy character design.
- To fit her cuteness, wackiness, zaniness and foolishness, she wears a red short-sleeved t-shirt, a black skirt with a red line on the bottom and a pair of very shiny black high-heeled shoes.
- April Fool's Day was her favorite holiday, so she likes pull pranks and tells jokes to people (especially Popeye).
- She has a zany attitude, silly personality and her wacky side.
- Due to being a hepcat, she really loves jazz and swing music. She can also do tap-dancing and scat-singing.
- She has romantic feelings for Popeye usually being less faithful and she would often be wooed by the likes of Bluto only for Popeye to win her back in the end, or for both Popeye and Bluto to give up on her.
- She has very zany slapstick comedy moments.
- She became famous among the all-American men.
- She is foolish, full of energy, enthusiasm, and the joy of living.
- Despite her cuteness, wackiness and funniness, she has a lot of masculinity to balance it.
- She can be quite a hypocrite as well as being fickle.
- She can be annoying at times.
- She sometimes isn't that bright either and has made some very dumb moves.
- She sometimes treats Popeye poorly at times.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.