Nicholas "Nick" Dean is a character in The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius. He is the most popular kid located in Retroville whom all the girls dig and one of Jimmy's best friends.
Why He Rocks
- Just like Nicky Harper: His very name is the biggest reason he rocks, showing that he’s definitely from Nickelodeon, considering that his name is literally Nick.
- He's the ultimate cool dude, the girls all dig him, and he's supposed to be tough. In the movie, his part of the plan is to take care of the antagonists while the others rescue their parents. One look at his competition, and he goes screaming like a little girl. Which can be either seen as humanizing or comical.
- His charisma is so snazzy, it also explains why all the girls find him attractive.
- In the TV series, he's much nicer and fleshed out than he was in the movie.
- He and Jimmy have a strong bond and get along well. He's like a big brother to Jimmy and often gives him advice to help him out when he's in a jam (even though Jimmy ends up in trouble because of it).
- He is shown to be a bit of a mama's boy in the movie, proof of this is shown where he's seen being comforted by his mother during the flight home. Which makes him pretty cute.
- He can have some funny moments, ranging from bits of his sarcasm in the show to entertaining scenes that revolve him being around Jimmy (in the movie or the show) like his less tough side being revealed that give him more character aside from being the typical 'cool kid.
- He only acts like a tough guy to mask how insecure and afraid he actually is, which makes him likable and relatable in a sense.
- He has a good character design.
- Candi Milo does a good job at voicing him.
- In the 2001 movie, he was very smug, selfish, arrogant, and not as likable as he was in the show.
- He can have little to no personality aside from being the cool dude.
- This especially shows where Nick used to be an important character, but in the last two seasons, he barely shows up at all except to break his leg while skateboarding. If the series continued, Nick would've rejoined the main cast and continued to develop his relationships with Jimmy and the gang.
- Where Nick actually did earn his credentials of being a youthful badass in the movie, successfully stealing a Yolkian laser spear from a guard and then putting both the guard and another nearby in an achievable manner, until he lost his nerve partway through the Yolkian Kaiju hatching. In the show, he mostly became known for the traits of high-pitched screaming and injuring himself, which made him seem less cool than before.
- Likewise, he'll do anything for love and attention.
- Nick appears to be Latino or Italian despite his English surname. Nickelodeon says that he is Brazilian.
- His last name is a reference to James Dean who is best known for playing similar "bad boy" roles.