(435th Page on this Wikia!)
"Humans are to be protected and saved...I will never hurt them.”
— Nezuko Kamado, Episode 23
Nezuko Kamado (Japanese: 竈門かまど禰ね豆ず子こ Kamado Nezuko?) is one of the main protagonists of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. She is the younger sister of Tanjiro Kamado and one of the two remaining members of the Kamado family. Formerly human, she was attacked and turned into a Demon by Muzan Kibutsuji.
Why She Rocks
- Nezuko's original personality as a human was that of a kind and caring girl, who thought of others before herself much like her older brother, Tanjiro, and was a responsible elder sister to her younger siblings.
- Even after her demon transformation, she is very caring and protective towards humans who she sees as members of her family.
- She also retains some of her human emotions, as she has been seen to cry when sad and smile when happy
- Since becoming a Demon, Nezuko appears to have become also rather brazen, and does not seem to fear fighting; she fiercely guards her brother as well as her allies.
- She also developed a strong willpower, which can be seen through her refusal to consume human flesh or blood, even in cases of extreme injury or exposure to human blood, which can be seen when she refuses Sanemi Shinazugawa after he attempts to lure her into biting him with his Marechi blood.
- As a Demon, however, Nezuko seems to have forgotten a good portion of her memories as a human, besides those related to her family, and thus doesn't retain the exact personality she had before transformation.