“And you are?"
"Negasonic Teenage Warhead."
"Negasonic Teenage... What the sh*@?! That's the coolest name ever!”
―Deadpool and Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Negasonic Teenage Warhead (born Ellie Phimister) is a mutant and a member of the X-Men, formerly under the tutelage of Colossus. She possess the mutant ability to detonate atomic bursts from her body.
- Negasonic is portrayed as a calm, snarky, sarcastic, unmotivated, antisocial, yet good humored and patient teenager, even her outrageous mutant name is a good indicator of how little she cares about what anybody thinks of her.
- Whilst Deadpool seems to expect her to be a stereotypically angst teenager, which she does not deny, she is shown to possess a genuine heroic personality.
- Negasonic can also be somewhat rude, as she isn't afraid to insult people whom she doesn't like, especially Deadpool, such as calling him "Douchepool" when she tried to tell him that Ajax got away, and "old" due to him referencing Alien 3.
- She would even take a moment to write a Twitter post on her phone right at the start of a battle.
- Despite being somewhat moody at first, Negasonic is entertained by Deadpool's feeble attempts to hurt Colossus, giggling as he fails to do so.
- She does eventually warm up to Deadpool, calling him "cool" after they defeated Ajax and successfully saved Vanessa Carlysle.
- Negasonic can also be very decisive in combat, not hesitating to attack Angel Dust, providing Deadpool with the means to reach Ajax, and saving Colossus in time.
- Negasonic appears to possess a close relationship with her mentor, Colossus. Whilst she seems to dislike his gentle, hard-working, and serious nature, Negasonic does not undermine or argue against him.
- A further testament of their close relationship, is that Negasonic almost risks herself to save Colossus as she renders herself unconscious using all her power to save him, despite the risk of collateral damage killing her.
- Negasonic received less screentime in the sequel, Deadpool 2.
- While Negasonic Teenage Warhead can create explosions at different levels, she becomes fatigued at higher levels. After she charged at Angel Dust with this power, Negasonic was temporarily dazed from the explosion she created.
- Unlike other characters in the Marvel Comics Negasonic Teenage Warhead is a character not born in a real location. She was from Genosha.
- Due to the popularity of her character in the movie, Negasonic Teenage Warhead has been revived in the comics. Her appearance now matches her film counterpart.
- Negasonic Teenage Warhead's powers are not the same in the comics. This was part of a deal between Disney and Fox, in exchange for changing her powers for the movie, Fox gave cinematic rights for Ego the Living Planet (who belonged to Fox at the time) to Disney.