Naruto Uzumaki (Japanese: うずまき ナルト, Hepburn: Uzumaki Naruto) (/ˈnɑːrətoʊ/) is a fictional character in the anime and manga Naruto, created by Masashi Kishimoto. Serving as the eponymous protagonist of the series, he is a young ninja from the fictional village of Konohagakure. The villagers ridicule Naruto on account of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox—a malevolent creature that attacked Konohagakure—that was sealed away in Naruto's body. Despite this, he aspires to become his village's leader, the Hokage. His carefree, optimistic and boisterous personality enables him to befriend other Konohagakure ninja, as well as ninja from other villages.
Why He's Great
- Naruto's a very inspirational character who never gives up, even when the odds are against him.
- Both Junko Takeuchi and Maile Flanagan did a very good job voicing him.
- He develop well as a character as the series progress going from a trouble making kid to a mature leader and a strong warrior.
- He may be a handful to his teachers (Iruka, Kakashi, and Jiraiya), but he has enough patience to master the jutsus that they gave him.
- His rivalry with Sasuke Uchiha is what made the franchise great.
- He's also a kind person as he tries his best to be kind to everyone even Obito who killed alot of people.
- He became one of the strongest anime characters of all time, along with Goku from the Dragon Ball franchise.
- Even though he isn't quite as strong as he used to be, he, along with Sasuke are still one of the strongest characters in the anime.
- Naruto isn't much of a great father, although this is understandable since he had to take his work as Hokage to protect his home village, but he could've used shadow clones to take his place while the real Naruto spends time with his family.
- He's sometimes too forgiving such as forgiving Obito, who killed a ton of people and his parents.