Mz. Ruby is a character in the Sly Cooper franchise. She only appears in Sly Cooper and the Thieveus Raccoonus, where she's a member of the KLAWW Gang, where she helped to murder Sly Cooper's parents and steal the thieveus raccoonus, and serves as the third boss battle in the game.
Why She Rocks
- Amazing voice acting by Presciliana Esparolini, who manages to make her sound incredibly creepy and unsettling.
- Oustanding character design, which compliments her voice perfectly.
- A suitably tragic backstory, which doesn't justify her actions, but makes them understandable at the very least.
- While her boss fight is annoying, it's still very unique and interesting.
- She's the only magic user in the Fiendish Five, and one of the only characters that uses magic in the entire series, including The Guru, The Mask of Dark Earth, and The Contessa, (when she uses the Clockwerk Eyes), which makes her unique on that ground as well.
- She has a gigantic sea serpant at her beck and call, which definitely earns her more points.
- She talks way too slowly in the game, and it's super annoying.
- Her boss battle might be unique and interesting, but it's incredibly obnoxious, especially if you're not good at rythem games.
- It's even worse in The Sly Collection, where the music is desynced from the movements.
- I could feel that Cooper vibe coming. Most distastefully bad juju.
- Oh, Sly. I can hear your mouth a moving, but all I hear is bla bla bla. Well, if jaws need to flap, then let them flap. Seeyou in the next world, Sly Cooper.
- Quite true, qutie true. Why don't I have my servants charmly escort you over here.
- Oh, nothing much. Just a little game I like to play with all my annoying guests. I wanna see how well you pay attention.
- Well, I'll unlesh my mighty mojo magic upon you. If you repeat what I do, you'll dodge it just fine. If not, you'll get zapped.
- You've certainly got some rhythem raccoon. But it won't help you now that you're fixin' to go after the Panda King. He's tough. With a captial T. If you go pokin' around his stronghold in China, you're likely to get poked back.
- Wake up, you lazy bags of swamp gas! The voodoo vibe is thick tonight. Let's take advantage of this powerful mojo and step up production. Keep piling those shiny bones into the soup. We'll have an army of ghosts by morning and take over Mexico by the end of the week. Hear that voodoo, children? Our family is about to grow, grow, grow!
- Hey there, Sly Cooper! That's right, I know you're here. I've seen it in the stars. It's all over my tea leaves. I'm in your mind, raccoon. I know your game. You better run for it, or me and my voodoo children are going to sign you up for an eternity in zombie servitude!
- Mz. Ruby appears on two potion advertising billboards around the race track in Mesa City.
- Sly Cooper and the Thieveus Raccoonus (2002)