(260th on this Wikia!)
Hello, I’m Michael “Mike” Wazowski. I am a green one-eyed monster and the deuteragonist of Pixar’s 4th feature film, Monsters, Inc., and the main protagonist of its 2013 prequel Monsters University. I will appear in Monsters at Work (2021).
Why I Rock (“The camera loves me!”)
- I am easily considered one of Pixar’s funniest and most iconic characters yet.
- I am voiced by none other than famous comedian, Billy Crystal.
- As Sulley’s best bud, I am his assistant at work, and often help him collect laughs or screams. Guess laughter is more powerful than screams, right?
- My life before Sulley and I met was revealed in Monsters University, where I am the star.
- I love being famous and popular. For example: I was on TV! I was great, while they covered up my face!
- I even got my own short film titled "Mike's New Car", with Sulley as the co-star.
- I even helped Sulley bring Boo back home to her door.
- I also made a company play for the company, and who knows I had to bring up that line I yelled back then! I hope we get a copy of that tape!
- I am fearless, even if I’m not scary.
- My screams always crack up the audience.
My Weaknesses (“You don’t think I’m scary.”)
- I may be good at being funny, but I‘m not really scary enough.
- For a one-eyed guy like me, I can be pretty selfish at times, and I was even willing to get rid of Boo at first. My attitude almost got me killed by that scream extractor! But I'm lucky to have changed for the better and be alive.
- As a kid, I used to wear braces. As a teen, I wore a retainer.
- In Monsters University, I am 18 years old, which means in Monsters, Inc., I am about 28 years old, too.
- Sometimes, I show up in other movies made by the company that goes by the name, Pixar. First, I was wearing my protection gear underwater, and then, I was a car, and I was a topper in a movie focusing on a robot, and finally I was seen as a piñata!
- You know something? I was going to be voiced by Eddie Murphy, but he was busy working on another movie from another studio. Finally, Billy Crystal was chosen to be the perfect voice actor for me.