"I only hope that we don’t lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney referring to how Mickey Mouse is the start and reason of why the great Disney characters exist today
Mickey Mouse is an animated anthropomorphic mouse created by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks in 1928. Mickey is, by far, the Walt Disney Company's biggest cartoon star and serves as the company's mascot. Estimated as standing 2' 3" (69 centimeters) and weighing 23 pounds (10 kilograms), Mickey is easily identified by his round ears, red shorts, white gloves and cartoonishly large yellow shoesx
Why He Rocks
- He is one of the very first and probably the most famous cartoon icon out there apart from Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes and SpongeBob SquarePants from SpongeBob SquarePants and aside from Mario from Super Mario Bros. He is also possibly one of the most famous fictional characters out there.
- He is wholesome and charismatic.
- He is a a free-spirited optimist.
- He is a a crafty quick-thinker who can always save himself from danger.
- He is a devoted friend who cares deeply for his loved ones, most notably his longtime girlfriend, Minnie.
- He made history by being the first cartoon character to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1978 on his 50th anniversary.
- He has proven himself to be quite skilled in combat, like the instances where he forced himself to be a valiant hero for Minnie.
- He is a reliable and professional leader, and this is shown the most in his own show, House of Mouse.
- He has been friends with Donald Duck and Goofy since they first met.
- He collaborated with Bugs Bunny with a cameo from the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and everyone praised the scene where him and Bugs were also falling along the protagonist of the film.
- He can be a little too caring sometimes.
- He has a habit of forgetting special occasions related to his relationship with Minnie.
- Speaking of old shorts, there were early Disney shorts from the late-1920s were he was seen as rather sadistic towards others, specifically towards Minnie Mouse and other background farmyard animals.
- Mortimer Mouse was the name that Walt picked for him when he was created. However, his wife Lillian thought it sounded too pompous and suggested the mouse be called Mickey instead, and that's where it's all started by a mouse. Eventually, another mouse named Mortimer Mouse, was also created by Walt, and he would be Mickey’s rival in the Disney media.