Meg Griffin is the eldest child of Lois and Peter Griffin, the older half-sister of Chris and Stewie Griffin and one of the two tetartagonists of the long-running adult TV series, Family Guy, and one of the two pentagonists (alongside Chris Griffin) of Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.
Why She Rocks
- She’s the most serious, realistic and relatable one out of all the members of the Griffin family.
- Despite her rough life, she cares about her friends and family, and will do anything for them whenever their in danger or need help.
- Though appearing quiet and smart on the outside, on the inside she is actually very tough.
- Lacy Chabert and Mika Kunis both do amazing jobs at voicing her.
- In some parts, she stood up towards her bullies/abusers/enemies
- Like in Dial Meg for Murder, she beat up Connie D’Amico and her friends with a bag full of sodas.
- In Seahorse Seashell Party, she scolds her family for the years of abuse she took from them, which is satisfying.
- In The D in Apartment 23, she along with Chris beat up a bunch of students in the cafeteria.
- In A Fistful of Meg, she kills her bully via her gross body.
- She is willing to help her father Peter in the episode, Peter’s Sister, where she learns why she got abused so much.
- In Better Off Meg, she faked her death and went to a new town, made some new friends, and had fun, but after seeing how much her mom, Lois, misses her (and Brian to some extent), she came back to Quahog to reunite with her family.
- Her, along with Stewie, are the only ones who barely change character, even after flanderization, and has remained likable in seasons 8-14.
- From Seasons 15-onward, her family (namely Peter, Chris and Stewie) finally reconcile with Meg and so the abuse began to stop towards her, so she’s no longer a punching bag. She also says strong despite Peter and Lois Griffin, after their flanderization, abuses her (though, this began to stop since season 15).
- She also has a group of friends, Beth (although she hasn’t appeared since Season 6), Patty, Esther, and Ruth, who have similar lives with her and they are always there for each other, and they always cheer up Meg, and it’s always nice to have friends there for you.
- She got flanderized to a punching bag from seasons 8-14, so it's been difficult to enjoy her whenever she got screen time. She still remained likable for the most part, and her punching bag status was finally removed since season 15.
- She's one of those girls who don't take no for an answer.
- Her middle name has yet to be revealed on the show, but her brothers Chris and Stewie's have.