"MONSTER? I'M NO MONSTER. I'M A GOD!"
—Mecha Sonic, Brawl on a Vanishing Island
Turbo Mecha Sonic (originally known as Metal Sonic and informally known as Mecha Sonic) is the primary antagonist for the first saga of the online web series, Super Mario Bros. Z.
He is a robot created by Dr. Eggman for the sole purpose of destroying Sonic - however, he rebels against his creator and begins searching for the Chaos Emeralds.
Why He Rocks
- Just like his evil creator's intentions, he has massively upgraded from his canon counterpart, as now he is more powerful and assertive than ever.
- He is the perfect villain for this type of series. He is ruthless, excessively violent, will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
- Andrew Chandler's monstrous robot voice portrays him perfectly.
- It is always fun and overwhelming to see him in battle. Especially when he destroyed the Axem Rangers in Semi-Super form.
- He is as fast, if not even faster and smarter than Sonic the Hedgehog himself.
- The main thing that makes him such an intimidating villain is that he is a soulless monster. He would destroy many innocent lives just out of anger and laugh about it. Of course, being an evil robot, he shows no remorse and just carries on completing his mission.
- He is the darkest villain to come out of any Mario web animation series ever.
- His dialogue is clever and menacing, especially his catchphrases such as "I'LL CRUSH YOU!".
- He makes for a perfect obstacle to stand in the way of Sonic and Shadow, with every battle seeming either helpless or extremely difficult whenever Mecha Sonic is around, up to the point where even certain viewers feel threatened and scared for the heroes by Mecha Sonic's mere presence alone.
- His origin story is amazing and perfectly shows how much of a devious, powerhungry and angry villain he is. Sick of repeatdly losing to Sonic, he absorbed his robot allies and became Mecha Sonic, then massacred Sonic's friends, almost conquering Mobius and diverting it from its carefree nature.
- His motives are a little weak.
- Creator Alvin-Earthworm was correct when he felt as though Mecha Sonic's design was underwhelming.
- Thankfully, he got redesigned.
- He has a humongous ego, betraying Dr. Eggman like many others due to feeling a tad bit too superior to be taking orders from an 'inferior' being, even referring to himself as a god at some point, after destroying Red's fellow Axem Rangers.
- Mecha Sonic was replaced with Metallix In the 2015 remake of Super Mario Bros. Z, as Alvin-Earthworm considered his original design to be underwhelming, he is supposed to be the upgraded form of Metal Sonic, and also because he was easily defeated in his first appearance, Sonic & Knuckles.