Marth (Japanese: マルス Hepburn: Marusu) is a fictional character from the Fire Emblem series, developed by Intelligent Systems and owned by Nintendo. He is the protagonist and Lord class character in the first and the third games in the series, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, and Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, as well as their two remakes, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem.
Why He Rocks
- He is the most iconic character in the Fire Emblem franchise.
- Marth is a kindhearted yet incredibly idealistic leader and has subtle pacifist morals.
- He gets plenty of development from game-to-game.
- He is used in Fire Emblem: Awakening as a DLC, despite not appearing in the main game.
- Romantic love chemistry with his wife, Caeda.
- Great character design.
- Outside of his duties, Marth can be aloof and rather shy when it comes to personal relationships; after defeating Medeus in Shadow Dragon, Marth had trouble professing his love to Caeda, only doing so in the first place after some encouragement by Princess Nyna. And even after their engagement, Marth tends to be oblivious to the feelings that other girls have for him, such as Catria, Marisha, and so forth.