"I love you too, son." - Marlin’s heartwarming line to his son, Nemo, while hugging him
Marlin is one of the main protagonists of the 2003 computer-animated film Finding Nemo, and one of the two tritagonists (alongside Nemo) of its sequel Finding Dory.
He is Nemo's dad, and lives in an anemone.
Why He Rocks
- He is the character adults can relate to in the movie.
- He is very brave.
- He greatly cares for his son, Nemo.
- He is shown to have a great friendship with Dory.
- He is kind-hearted and intelligent.
- His character development: with help from Dory, he overcame his overprotectiveness, eventually becoming a happier father as the movie progresses.
- He even helped Dory find her parents in the sequel.
- Aside from not telling good jokes, he is also fun-loving, as he and Dory had such fun jumping through the jellyfish forest and racing Nemo to the fish school.
- For a clownfish, he wasn't necessarily funny.
- He can be too protective.
- He became overprotective again in Finding Dory, which contradicts his character development in the previous film.