Mario is an Italian plumber originating from Nintendo's Super Mario franchise. Mario is one of the two protagonists of the SMG4 series(alongside SMG4), due to the use of Super Mario 64 as its foundation. He is the older brother of Luigi and the designated hero (a loose term) of the Mushroom Kingdom, and (formerly) the archenemy of Bowser and lover of Princess Peach. He sometimes refers to himself as Mario the Sexy Plumber.
In SMG4's videos, as opposed to his selfless heroic portrayal from the Nintendo canon, Mario is portrayed as an immensely dumb, narcissistic ass befitting the comedic nature of the series. His annoying and stupid behavior often antagonizes and ruins people's lives.
Why He Rocks
- He is extremely hilarious, usually due to his absurd thinking, visual and vocal gags, and stupidity.
- Underneath his laziness and retardation though, Mario does indeed care about his friends and family, seeing as how he time-traveled to prevent himself from accidentally killing his brother Luigi during a kart race, comforted Meggy when she first lost the Splatfest and was in utter distress when both of them were turned into T-Pose Zombies during the Waluigi arc.
- With this in mind, like Donald Duck: He sometimes serves as a constant reminder for all of us to be brave, keep searching, hold family close, and never give up no matter how great the odds are against you; in which shows when trying to do his best in some videos where he was quite ill-starred on occasion for us to root for him.
- On the subject of that, Mario has gone as far as giving spaghetti (his favorite food that he is usually overprotective of) to Meggy in SMG4: Meggy's Bootcamp when she broke down in tears, a trait that is rare yet very meaningful on Mario's character.
- During the beloved Anime Arc, he was extremely desperate to find and save Meggy when she was abducted by Francis to extract her ink, proving that he indeed cares about the safety and well-being of his friends when they are in danger.
- At the end of The Anime Arc, Mario reveals that he is self-aware that his life has spiraled out of control, but nonetheless, he still cares about his friends more than he does himself. In fact, during another emotional scene where Meggy broke down crying over the loss of her friend Desti, Mario ultimately mentioned that he'd have her back no matter what.
- His sentece-mixed quotes are hilarious to hear. A few examples being "How 'bout you suck Mario's-a penis?", "Mario's gonna do something very illegal." and of course, "MAMAF***ER!"
- In Smart(ass) Mario and Smart Mario, both of which had Mario becoming smart, he displayed a different personality.
- In the former, he unintentionally mistreats everyone in the castle due to him forgetting their identities, and even lost his love for spaghetti. In the latter, Mario uses his intelligence to help his friends with their problems.
- However, his spaghetti addiction still remained, and eventually began to hate his friends for treating him like junk for his former idiocy, which resulted in him trying to steal all the spaghetti in the world. At the end of the episode, he begged the others not to turn him into his old dumb self, believing he would lose any meaning to life.
- His endless love for spaghetti will always be endearing and fitting for non-canon Mario media.
- SMG4, has your perpetual lack of human interaction and crippling social anxiety resulting from serverly unethical work hours finally made you go coo-coo crazy?
- He is an example of how a character doesn't need to be smart to be likeable.
- Mario in this universe is more of a lazy, mischievous, foul-mouthed and selfish jerk, yet he still has a heroic status.
- He does care mostly about only himself and his favorite dish spaghetti, which he is very addicted to. Granted, there have been rare occassions where he sacrifices his favorite dish (see WHR #3), but sometimes he goes as far as calling spaghetti his girlfriend or wife, and would trade anything (including SMG4's Youtube account) for it.
- His extreme laziness has made him a hater of socializing (though it was temporary) and exercising, refusing to help his friends, family, other people, or possibly even the whole world, even in life-or-world-threatening situations.
- He isn't as brave as his righteous, more wholesome Nintendo counterpart, sometimes trying to back down from fights.
- He is very disrespectful and disobedient, constantly doing things that other people have told him not to do.
- In context, touching the painting leading to the bootleg world in SM64: THE BOOTLEG DIMENSION) which causes problems for his friends and sometimes the world.
- According to a poster in Mario and the SECRET CLUB, He always eats all the food in the castle and never takes a bath when asked, further showing his disrespectful ways.
- He is also very short-tempered, capable of getting annoyed easily, and always lashes out at people (including his own brother Luigi) when he reaches his breaking point. Mario is also a sore loser, and can be very demanding and also spoiled.
- His biggest flaw though is his IMMENSE stupidity and lack of common sense (which has been worsened since season 9 though still not that bad).
- He apparently did not know what was 1+1 (which caused him to become a borderline moron) or any number past 10 (aside from 1 million) until Baldi taught him math and had also forgotten how to type or how to count despite having been able to do so in earlier episodes.
- His idiocy often irritates his friends (except for Meggy, who finds it incredibly hilarious), especially SMG4 and Toad, and they often mocked or berated him for his foolish decisions. While this is indeed played for comedic purposes, there are times where it's taken too far.
- Mario can get rather arrogant at times, such as when he refuses to admit being stupid and falsely claimed to have an IQ of 200.
- That being said, he does break this tradition sometimes, like when he says he has 4 IQ, or in Wild Wild Mario where he claims to be a "qualified idiot".
- "Eeeey! I'mma got a boner."
- "I'mma think I go koo-koo crazy!"
- "EAT MY HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE!"
- "Kiss my Mario wiener!" - SMG4: Mario Gladiators
- "Here lies SMG4. He was stinky!" - SMG4: The Intruder
- "DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY?" -SMG4: Mario Plays Deltarune