Marjorie Jacqueline "Marge" Simpson (née Bouvier) (born in October 1, 1956), the tritagonist of The Simpsons, is the homemaker and full-time strict mom of the Simpson family. She and her husband Homer have three children: Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. Marge is the moralistic force in her family and often provides a grounding voice in the midst of her family's antics by trying to maintain order in the Simpson household. Aside from her duties at home, Marge has flirted briefly with a number of careers ranging from police officer to anti-violence activist.
Why She Rocks
- She has shown to be trusting and a loving wife to Homer, and mother of Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.
- She slaves over her family and cleans up their mess, making her quite unappreciated.
- She cares a lot about her family and likes her very flawed and dimwitted but fun-loving husband just the way he is.
- She would go to drastic measures just to protect the people she loves.
- Like Ned Flanders, she just casually enjoys going to church.
- She is wonderfully animated like most of the other Simpsons characters.
- She has very high morals.
- She has a great design and a kind personality.
- She is needed by everyone in order to sustain stability. It was once even stated that Springfield would fall to bits without her.
- Her voice is pretty much more tolerable than Sammy and Selma's voices.
- Her backstories with Homer and other episodes featuring Homer and Marge's past on how they met before they got married are very touching, and sweet.
- She has the tendency to be a "wet blanket", which isn't fitting for Marge.
- She tries hard to avoid all risks, which isn't always a good thing.
- Marge tends to consider anything that is not completely plain to be amazing or exotic, even if they are not all that special.
- She can be very strict, overprotective, hypocritical and serious at times.
- There have also been occasions where Marge's wishes and demands have led to trouble at the expense of her family.
- She was completely flanderized to an overprotective mother from Season 11 to the present day.