"Kick names, take ass!" ― Mantis
Mantis is a major supporting character in Guardians of the Galaxy series, first appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Avengers: Infinity War. She is a young empathetic women with the capability to sense feelings.
Why She Rocks
- Her design is really cute, despite Drax calling her "ugly".
- Speaking of which, after bonding with Drax the Destroyer, she came to help the Guardians and then allied with them to help prevent Ego from conquering the Galaxy.
- Pom Klementieff excellently portrays her.
- Despite Drax calling her "ugly", their bond with each other is very heartwarming.
- Speaking of "ugly", despite being called that, she's quite grateful because she would rather be "ugly" than a nobody.
- Mantis is empathetic, she senses a person's emotion (Most notably with Star-Lord and Drax) with her antenna.
- Mantis can be compared to Mallow from Pokémon. Both are green (Especially with the hair), both are associated with plants, both of them start with "Ma", and both have six letters. The only difference is that Mantis is soft-spoken while Mallow is more outgoing.
- Though outwardly she appears weak and does not demonstrate having great physical strength, Mantis has shown herself to be quite resilient to injury, further than that of humans and similar to that of Gamora or Drax the Destroyer.