Manny is one of the three main protagonists of the Ice Age franchise. He's voiced by Ray Romano. This page will focus on his appearance in the first 3 films, where he was good.
Why He Rocked
- He knows and means well.
- He is a very relatable character as well.
- After the first film, he became much more caring to his friends and family.
- He treats Sid and Diego like they are part of his family.
- He is also very honest when expressing his feelings.
- He helps reform Diego and Ellie's friendship with him after saving their lives.
- Some of his lines that he spurts out can be clever and witty.
- In the middle of the first film, we find out why Manny was grouchy in the first place since his old family was killed by humans.
- On the first film, he states that he doesn’t like it when animals kill for pleasure when saving Sid's life from Carl and Frank by defeating them.
- He has never shown that many signs of cowardliness and can handle situations very well like how he returns the baby back to the humans near the end of the first film.
- Even after the humans killed his family, he was still able to forgive them enough to return Roshan to them.
- Ray Romano does a great job voicing him.
- He can be short tempered and kind of careless a few times, especially during the first film.
- Unfortunately, like with Sid, Diego, Scrat, Crash and Eddie, he was heavily Flanderized in the fourth and fifth films where he became way too overprotective and more clueless than he used to be.