Mametchi (まめっち Mametchi) is a male adult Tamagotchi character who debuted on the original Tamagotchi, and has appeared on many versions since, serving as the series mascot. Mametchi is in the Mame Family (まめ属 Mame Zoku) and his birthday is November 23, the same date as the release of the first Tamagotchi. On almost every Tamagotchi model he is the adult character obtained by having the healthiest care. His female counterpart is Chantotchi.
Why He Rocks
- Mametchi is a very healthy adult Tamagotchi who is likely to have a long life. He is extremely clever with an IQ of around 250. He is a serious prodigy type, and one of the smartest Tamagotchis.
- The Nintendo Power guide to the Tamagotchi Gameboy game stated: "Count yourself as a good parent if you end up with Mametchi. It's the Tamagotchi equivalent of a mathematical genius, and very polite to boot."
- He has a cute appearance.
- On most Tamagotchi releases, Mametchi is the result of a Tamagotchi with the best possible care, and has been portrayed as a well-mannered and intelligent Tamagotchi with an IQ of 250. Mametchi was initially one of several faces, but gradually became the mascot of the Tamagotchi franchise.
- Mametchi is a Generation 1 character. When the Tamagotchi is Marutchi, good care must be provided and the Discipline meter must be filled to 75-100%. It will evolve into Tamatchi and begin with 50% Discipline. From there, the user must maintain perfect care and fill the Discipline meter to 100%. Mametchi has a base weight of 30, wakes at 9 AM, sleeps at 10 PM, and will never make Discipline calls.
- He is terrible at singing.