Magica De Spell is a major antagonist from the Scrooge McDuck comics, created by Carl Barks. She is an evil Italian sorceress. She constantly steals or attempts to steal Scrooge McDuck's Number One Dime, which she believes will play a vital role in magically obtaining the same fabulous wealth of its owner.
Why She Rocks
- She's the most powerful villain in the franchise with her magic powers and control over the forces of nature
- She became a breakout character, and a very popular villain from the comics, to the series to the merchandise.
- Her role as the comic relief character and her hammy accent make her a very entertaining villain.
- Unlike other people who think the Number One Dime to be a lucky charm, she doesn't believe it to be the source of Scrooge's wealth, but Scrooge's wealth to be the source of the dime's powers, as she only tries to steal it because it's the first coin ever earned by the richest duck (or man) on Earth.
- Her role in the Reboot series is even darker and more powerful than her original version, with more destruction and this time, she's a serious villain and put up a good fight.
- Her appearance in the Season 1 finale in the reboot looks truly villainous.
- She first appeared in Barks' 1961 comic The Midas Touch with the goal to obtain Scrooge's Number One Dime, in order to be able to make an amulet that will give her the Midas Touch.
- In both animated series based off the Carl Banks comics, she was voiced by the late June Foray in the original series, but in the reboot series she was voiced by Catherine Tate.