- “Speed. I am speed.”
- ―Lightning ready to race
Lightning McQueen is a famous, stock race car. He is the overall main protagonist of Disney/Pixar's Cars franchise.
Why He Rocks
- Lightning McQueen is a huge icon for professional racing, an underrated sport.
- His amazing, amazing catchphrase "KACHOW!".
- He is voiced by the infamous Owen Wilson, highly known for saying "Wow" alot.
- He gets major character development in Cars & Cars 3, where he goes from hotshot rookie to struggling veteran.
- He has a humble side, an example of this is when he pushes a mortally injured King across the finish line.
- Although he used to be an absolute jerk who rarely cared about anyone other than besides himself and still shows some sides of it, occasionally but after he visited radiator springs and the residents of the town he then changes his unlikable attitude and personality and he has become a lot better ever since that faithful and memorable day.
- At first, Lightining McQueen was an unlikeable douche because he's too self-centered, arrogant, conceited and overconfident, believing that he can win the Piston Cup on his own without help from any pit crews or coach.
- He is so full of himself to the point where he claims he does not need any friends and cannot even get his technician's name right.
- At first he used to be an absolute jerk who rarely cared about anyone other than besides himself and still shows some sides of it, occasionally like that time he scolded Mater for making him lose the race in Japan and the other time were he yells and gets angry at Cruz Ramirez for almost endangering and almost getting them killed and for also wasting his time but at least he learned his lesson in the end.
- It's not certain what real-life car Lightning McQueen is based on. Although he's most likely inspired by the Chevrolet Corvette C6 or the 4th generation Dodge Viper.
- The "Car Finder" game from the Cars Blu-Ray states he's a 2006 handmade, one of a kind, race car.
- According to Brian Fee (director of Cars 3 and voice actor of Al Oft), he is 40 years old as of 2017. That means he was born in 1977, therefore he is 43-44 years old in 2020.
- In Cars Origins: Struck by Lightning, his real name is Monty.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.