WARNING: This character article contains major spoilers for
Ladybug a.k.a Marinette Dupain-Cheng is one of the main protagonists of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. She is a student in Miss Bustier's class at Collège Françoise Dupont in Paris, France and an aspiring fashion designer. She owns the Ladybug Miraculous which is when inhabited by Tikki, Marinette transforms into the superheroine Ladybug, hereby gaining the power of creation to stop Hawk Moth.
Why She Rocks
- Unlike most of the superheroes, she usually finds very intelligent, crafty and strategic ways to defeat the villain other than fighting.
- She has good, heartwarming and funny chemistry with Cat Noir/Adrien Agreste.
- She is a unique combination of the Magical Girl and Superhero archetypes.
- She has a very pretty and cute design and her Ladybug costume is cool and well animated as well.
- Marinette is also very kind, friendly, cheerful, clever, charismatic girl.
- Also unlike most superheroines, she has girly personality and has love for fashion designing but she also have love for the video games as well.
- Character Development: She first started as shy girl with low self-esteem and self-confidence but she becomes more confident and responsible after becoming Ladybug; in fact, in season 3 and onwards, she has even become the responsible new guardian of Miraculous Box.
- She also helps others, who also have insecurities such as such as Juleka Couffaine who thought she had a "class photo curse".
- She always tends to learn her lessons and tries to become a more open-minded, understanding person.
- She has an unhealthy obsession with Adrien (Cat Noir's alter ego).
- She sometimes act irrational at times, as shown when she tried to deflect the false accusation of "stealing" Chloé's bracelet onto others who are also innocent.
- She sometimes abuses her powers as Ladybug to keep other girls such as Chloe, Lila and Kagami away from Adrien.
- She can be a bit harsh towards Cat Noir, such as in Reflekdoll and The Miraculous New York movie.