La Muerte is the ruler of the Land of the Remembered, the wife of Xibalba and a major protagonist in the computer-animated Day of the Dead-themed film, The Book of Life.
She is voiced by Kate del Castillo.
- As shown in the film, she knows how to to handle and teach trouble-making kids the ways of life as she tells them the story of Manolo and Maria in the form of a tour guide.
- She believes that the heart of man is essentially pure. Plus, all creatures love her and she has a deep fondness towards children.
- There's no doubt she, as the ruler of the Land of the Remembered, could, can, and is a badass.
- Her design is beautiful and well-drawn which goes very well with her amazing personality.
- She rules the Land of the Remembered through and by respect.
- Kate del Castillo does a wonderful job providing her voice.
- Thanks to her, she was able to make two young mortals (Manolo and Maria) find true love within each other and later on get married.
- She’s always willing to find the good in people, especially her sneaky and evil husband, Xibalba, who rules the Land of the Forgotten.
- She knows how to play fair, as shown when she makes wagers with Xibalba.