"Hi. Fox, I really appreciate what you did for me. I'm just so sorry we didn't get much of a chance to talk. I'm left with just one more thing to do. And that's to say thank you." ― Krystal
Krystal is an anthromorphic vixen who had escaped her home planet of Cerinia when it was destroyed by Andross, losing both of her parents, and begins to live on Sauria. She later investigates a distress call and was eventually imprisoned and had to be rescued by Fox McCloud, who would become her love interest, though Panther Caroso also takes a liking to her as well. She becomes the fourth pilot in the Star Fox Team due to Peppy's retirement. She puts her telepathic abilities to good use.
Why She Rocks
- Krystal's design is extremely beautiful and attractive. The fact that she has blue fur makes her very unique from the canine species.
- She is a very likable character, kind-hearted, courageous, and thoughtful of her friends and cared deeply for the dinosaurs and went all out to help them, even though she ended up getting trapped and Fox had to finish the job of releasing Krazoa Spirits. In Assault, if you save her from her pursuers, she will sometimes give you a power-up. She even gives a speech about the noble sacrifices of Peppy Hare, ROB 64, and Star Wolf. How sweet!
- While she barely had any action in her debut game, Krystal's expanded role in Star Fox: Assault makes up for it, and her role as the main telepath is very helpful, since she can predict enemy attacks ahead of time, read thought patterns of any foes and (similar to Peppy) she points out weaknesses and give advice at times and is capable of fighting back when she is in trouble.
- Both of her voice actors, Estelle Ellis and Alesia Glidewell did a fantastic job voicing Krystal.
- Unlike Slippy, Krystal is attacked much less often than the rest of the team.
- Her relationship with Fox is adorable and they share good chemistry with each other; she may flirt with him at times, but she keeps it professional if it means getting the missions done.
- When Sauria is attacked by the Aparoids, she is right to be angry about it, due to the fact that she has many dinosaur friends and she had taken shelter there after fleeing her homeworld and takes immediate action to fend them off.
- Krystal is quick to help out people when they are in danger.
- She suffered heavy flanderization and character derailment in Star Fox: Command, which not only made her unlikable, but also unrecognizable as a character.
- Krystal had a larger central role in the cancelled N64 game Dinosaur Planet; when it was reworked as Star Fox: Adventures, she was reduced to a damsel in distress.
- Not only that, but she was barely present at all in that game.
- Her voice actress in Assault, Alésia Glidewell, also voices Samus in the Super Smash Bros. series.