- Kirby's catchphrase
Kirby (カービィ, Kābī in Japan) is a pink puffball and the main protagonist of his own eponymous video gaming series by Nintendo. The series has been running for over two decades, and nearly thirty titles have been released under Kirby's name, most of which are developed by HAL Laboratory Inc. or published by HAL for co-developing studios.
Why He Rocks
- Kirby has been featured in his own anime series, many manga publications in several countries, and even an educational video co-starring Mario.
- He has his fair share in Nintendo's merchandising from all his appearances, although many of them are only released in Japan.
- He is one of Nintendo's most iconic characters and most appealing one at that.
- His amazing games that anyone can pick up and play, with fantastic graphics, gameplay, characterization, and music.
- He has a positive attitude, and helps to save Dream Land through the use of his unique powers.
- He is happy, polite, honest, jubilant, delighted, optimistic, cheerful, blameless, trustworthy, and innocent.
- He loves to eat, dance, defeat enemies, and play, especially during the day.
- His journeys have become more daunting as creatures like Dark Matter possess and control his friends against their will, but he still maintains a brave and cheerful personality despite it all, gaining new powers and allies to aid him.
- To defeat his foes, he uses his signature ability of inhaling large objects and spitting them out with great force.
The Only Bad Quality
- Kirby is practically an infant, so he still has a lot of things to learn.
- Kirby was first called Popopo, his original name, and his model was created as a blob placeholder sprite during the development of what would be the first Kirby game,