King K. Rool is the original main antagonist in the Donkey King Country franchise. He is the malevolent leader of a crocodile-like species known as the Kremlings. In his debut appearance, he would have his minions steal the Kongs' entire banana hoard.
Why He Rocks
- He was the the original big bad in the Donkey Kong Country series before being replaced by Tiki Goons and Arctic Pirates in later installments.
- His right blood-shot eye that really fits with his arrogant and sometimes feral personality.
- He made his Super Mario debut in Mario Super Sluggers and helps Mario defeats Bowser in the game, which is a first for any villain.
- After a lost opportunity being a newcomer in past Smash games, he's officially a playable fighter in the upcoming Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.
- His utilized move set in Ultimate is really faithful to his boss battles.
- His Captain K. Rool persona is just hilarious, counteracting with his more royal attitude.
- His name is a clever pun on the word "cruel," which kind of describes his actions and his personality.
- King K. Rool is the first non-Japanese character in Super Smash Bros, as his first appearance in Donkey Kong Country, made and developed by British company Rare.