Kermit the Frog, arguably Jim Henson's most famous Muppet creation, was the star and host of The Muppet Show, played a significant role on Sesame Street, and served as the logo of The Jim Henson Company. He continues to star in the Muppet movies and makes numerous TV appearances.
Why He Rocks
- He is one of the most famous icons in history.
- He was America's favorite frog.
- He strives to prove to the world that even the smallest creatures can achieve the greatest things.
- His amazing and gentle songs, such as "Bein' Green"
- Despite being rich and famous, he is the most humble celebrity you'll ever meet.
- He treats his fellow cast members like friends.
- He gives gentle lectures about simple subjects.
- He is kind, loyal, goofy and naturally comedic, but also acts like the "straight man" out of the other Muppets' goofy behaviour.
- He is very empathetic.
- Despite his flaws, he always gets things done in the end. Speaking of which...
- He has had many, many TV appearances, even in global commercials.
- His sweet relationship with Ms. Piggy.
- He is sometimes insecure about himself.
- His earlier appearances made him look rather sadistic and artificial compared to the Kermit we know today.