Officer Judith Laverne "Judy" Hopps is a female rabbit and the protagonist of Zootopia. She is the daughter of Bonnie and Stu Hopps and is a member of the Hopps family.
Why She Rocks
- She broke the stereotypes of her universe by being the first bunny to join Zootopia's police department.
- She is optimistic and independent.
- She has a large heart, but she knows how to keep her emotions under control. However, she knows how to deeply express her emotions openly as well.
- She has a backstory of being looked down upon for being a bunny, which gave her some depth.
- She believes in making an effort to reach your goals, regardless of what's stopping you.
- Despite being just a "dumb bunny", she is very intelligent, as she was able to outsmart Nick Wilde many times.
- She carries out the belief that predators and prey should be both treated equally by everyone.
- Judy received a lot of character development throughout the film. She turned into a mature, practical, progressive individual. She discovered the downside of having a idealistic mindset to carry through life, and she learned that the world is a pretty messed up place filled with prejudice. Nethertheless, she still carries out her motto "anyone can be anything".
- Despite her motives, she is unintentionally prejudicial herself, as she secretly has a fear of predators, especially foxes, which is why she kept fox repellent on her, which offended Nick. However, this isn't entirely her fault, as she comes from a past of prejudicial bullying.
- The way she carried out her first case as an officer was rather controversial.
- She was sometimes overzealous and impulsive.