Judge Claude Frollo is the main antagonist of the Disney's 34th animated feature film, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. He is voiced by Tony Jay.
Why He Rocks
- He's proven to be one of the darkest to ever step foot into an animated film - even for Disney standards.
- He was created this way to avert the Evil is Cool trope most Disney villains have.
- He doesn't possess magical powers like most Disney Villains, and is a pretty realistic psycho religious person, which makes him even more scary.
- He was voiced by Tony Jay, who previously played Monsieur D'Arque from Beauty and the Beast.
- As the film went on he became more and more evil, to the point where he wants to kill innocent people.
- His villain song "Hellfire" is pretty catchy, but dark at the same time.
- He gets more screentime than any other Disney villain - at least 3/4 of the film.
- He's far darker than his original novel counterpart.
- He generally appears pretty polite, but there's still a sign of madness beneath the disguise.
- He was willing to drown a baby just because he believed it was ugly!
- His hatred of gypsies will often get the best of him.
- Idiot Move - Frollo is clinging to the side of Notre Dame with his sword drawn, and sees Esmeralda holding up Quasimodo, thus making her vulnerable and goes to attack her. You'd think he'd hop over to the balcony rail that's inches away from him. But instead: Shouting "And he shall smite the wicked!", he balanced his whole weight on a centuries-old gargoyle. As a result, the gargoyle, and he fell into the molten copper and died. Bonus idiot points: He cut through the gargoyle with his own sword minutes earlier.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.