The Joker is one of the main antagonists of DC Comics, most recognizably being the archenemy of Batman, having been directly responsible for numerous tragedies in Batman's life, including the death of Robin (Jason Todd, formerly the 2nd Robin, currently The Red Hood) and the paralyzing of Barbara Gordon (formerly the Oracle, currently Batgirl), although she regains use of her legs in “Batman Beyond”, and was generally one of the most infamous of Gotham's criminal elements. In the comics, the Joker is portrayed as a master criminal whose characterization has varied. The original and currently dominant image is of a highly intelligent and manipulative criminal with a twisted and sadistic sense of humor.
Why He Rocks
- He's one of DC's (and comic books in general) most iconic and dangerous supervillains. (Next to Red Skull from Marvel's Captain America) Not only that, he is also one of the most iconic fictional villains of all time
- He's also one of the most recurring villains in the series- he's been around since the 1940s, and he's still well-remembered today.
- He doesn't have superpowers like most of Batman's enemies, but he still proves to be a very dangerous threat.
- Aside from being a extremely serious villain, he also has several different personalities, to usually benefit him.
- He's got several different versions of a backstory for his character, but none of them truly stuck