John "Scottie" Ferguson is the main protagonist of the 1958 Alfred Hitchcock film Vertigo.
Why He Rocks
- James Stewart does a pretty compelling role as his character, plus it's meant to be a change of pace from his usual noble and heroic roles.
- Even with his fear of heights he didn't let that completely slow him down as he was willing to look after Madeleine when she was having "trances" and tried fighting his fear to stop Madeleine's "suicide".
- Being a detective, he's shown to be very observant to details around him.
- Even if it did turn pretty pushy towards the end, his love and care for Madeleine can be pretty sweet at times and wouldn't hesitate to protect her by any means.
- Prior to encountering Madeleine, he had a decent relationship with Midge, as in a finance engagement, that got them close to each other and gave them a friend/loyalty binding.
- The fact that he had forced Judy to dress up as his lost girlfriend can be pretty disturbing to a couple viewers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.