(325th Page on the Wikia!)
Jerry Mouse is the overall titular main protagonist of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer's series of Tom and Jerry theatrical cartoon short films. Created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, Jerry is a brown anthropomorphic house mouse, who first appeared as a mouse named Jinx in the 1940 MGM animated short Puss Gets the Boot. Hanna gave the mouse's original name as "Jinx", while Barbera claimed the mouse went unnamed in his first appearance.
Why He Rocks
- He is Tom's (friendly and bitter) rival, and his plans to get the best of him are either sneaky and/or clever.
- Because of this, this makes him quite intelligent for a small mouse like him when he is against a big cat.
- Cute and nice character design that got better over the years.
- His friendship/rivalry with Tom became one of the most iconic relationships in cartoon history.
- He and Tom are two of the most iconic cartoon characters of all time.
- He sometimes comes off as a Karma Houdini especially in the Gene Deitch shorts.
- He didn't speak a lot.