Jack Skellington is the main protagonist in the stop-motion classic film, The Nightmare Before Christmas. He holds the title of Pumpkin king in Halloweentown & brought Christmas to the same town. He also appeared in Kingdom Hearts to help Sora, Donald and Goofy defeat the heartless. His love interest is Sally.
Why He Rocks
- He's kind, caring, compassionate and loyal to the people around him.
- He is an excellent and talented singer. His most notable songs include "What's This? What's This?" where he discovers Christmas, and "This Is Halloween".
- Speaking of which, his voice actor fits his hammy and charismatic tone of voice.
- His memorable and iconic design which include a black pinstripe tuxedo, long legs, a spider bow tie and a wide smile.
- He enjoys sharing the same joy he had with others, especially Sally.
- Also, his relationship he starts to grow with Sally is engaging, cute, and interesting.
- He had proven to show courage when he has foiled Oogie Boogie's evil plan in the film's climax with both his quick wit and prowess.
- His Pumpkin King persona (as well as the song "This is Halloween") really brings out the faithful and charming feel to Halloween. And it is very enjoyable.
- Especially with how graceful he really is.
- He has multiple Funko Pops of himself. These include a diamond version of himself and him dressed as a snowman.
- When Jack almost ruined Christmas, he helps Santa restore Christmas after redeeming his mistakes of misunderstanding what Christmas was actually about.
- His ambition with wanting to be Santa Claus almost ruined Christmas, but he later regretted it and easily redeemed his misunderstandings to Santa.
- When he let his ambitions become his prime focus over other things, he can come off as misunderstood and unintentionally stubborn in his own way.
- Jack's design was so memorable and iconic that it appears a lot in many Halloween stores more than casual Halloween supplies, this was also discussed in Nostalgia Critic's video of the movie.