"Hi, Phineas! What'cha doooin'?" ― Isabella's catchphrase
Isabella Garcia-Shapiro is a sweet and very cute little black-haired 7-year-old girl and one of the female protagonists from Disney's popular animated TV series Phineas and Ferb. She has a crush on Phineas, and lives next door to him, though he never notices her crush on him, while she does spend her days participating or helping with his or Ferb’s projects.
Why She Rocks
- She is extremely sweet, cute, friendly, nice, cheerful, fearless, quick-thinking, optimistic, caring, helpful, kind, and easy to get along with others, and, best of all, she is always up for anything.
- She is always willing to help Phineas with his daily projects, and, furthermore, she has a very cute crush on him. And of course her relationship with him is so adorable and heartwarming. She also shows great concern for others in case of serious situations.
- Her famous, memorable, unforgettable, and awesome quote, “What'cha doin'?”. The way she says it is so cute.
- Cute and passable character design, even her voice is so adorable to listen to every time.
- Despite being a girly girl, she was interested in boyish hobbies, like most of these tomboys.
- Excellent voice acting by Alyson Stoner, only her voice is pitched up to sound like her, which is just so cute.
- She's a great leader, as she is Troop Leader of the Fireside Girls 46231, and she usually never gives up.
- She has a very amazing, wonderful singing voice, such as when she sings “City of Love”, “Whatcha Doin’?” (named after her catchphrase), and, of course, “If We Could Just Be Alone”.
- She aids people who are in need of help.
- Her iconic pink bow, which looks so cute on her!
- Besides being optimistic, she does show concern for others, especially in serious situations.
- She is one of the most popular characters in Phineas and Ferb.
- She even starred in three of her own episodes on the same show. You don’t believe us? Watch the show for yourself.
- Her rivalry with Doofenshmirtz over leadership in the movie "Candace Against the Universe" is absolutely hilarious.
- In "Phineas and Ferb Interrupted", she slapped Buford and Baljeet to get them out of the bored trance (This was not for no reason as she need something to get them to help find the solution).
- She is a little girl with a very big heart.
- She has a competitive side, mostly when it comes to sports.
- Although she is the leader of her Fireside Girls troop, she is never too bossy with the Fireside Girls, but rather treats them with respect and like friends.
- She’s had confessed her love for Phineas before, like in "Across the 2nd Dimension", where she kisses him, but sadly, she got her memory erased because she still knew Perry's secret. Then, she confessed her feelings to him again in "Night of the Living Pharmacists", but sadly, after everyone in Danville, including themselves, returned back to normal, she seems to have forgotten about the confession.
- Luckily, she seems to have gained her memories back by the series finale, as Phineas sang "🎶We meet our doppelgangers in the 2nd Dimension!🎶", and she goes along with it. But, she was shocked and confused when Phineas sang "🎶Isabella kissed me, but I got my mind erased!🎶", to which she said "Wait, what?" Phineas then winked and said "You just wait 10 years.", then Isabella does remember she did kiss him, and smiles happily at him when being reminded of that.
- "Act Your Age" focuses on a grown-up Phineas and Isabella becoming a couple, which was heartwarming to watch.
- In "Night of the Living Pharmacists", she saved the entire city of Danville from being pharmacist zombies.
The Only Bad Quality
- Despite being a major character in Phineas and Ferb, she was only given less than a minute of screen time in the Milo Murphy's Law crossover special "The Phineas and Ferb Effect". She was going to have a major role, but, disappointingly enough, she did not. It's not entirely bad, but her smaller role left many fans of the character upset and disappointed, hoping she could appear more often. Even so, she is still likable in the episode. Luckily, her role in "Candace Against the Universe" did make up for it.
- There is a lot of evidence that Isabella is at least part Jewish. Her last name is Shapiro, traditionally a Jewish name. She has a mirror in her room that has a Star of David frame, which is a common symbol for Judaism. In addition, her mother, Vivian Garcia-Shapiro, went to a Mexican-Jewish Cultural Festival, and often uses Yiddish phrases. At one point, she says she celebrates Hanukkah instead of Christmas.
- Unlike her mother, she speaks fluent English with a perfect American accent.
- She is named after her creator Dan Povenmire’s oldest daughter who loves the show and that the former is named after her.
- In some later episodes (starting with She's the Mayor), when she says “What'cha doin'?”, her voice is higher-pitched, although her original voice is used in some episodes.
- She is usually brave but can be frightened in some episodes.