The Ice Climbers (アイスクライマー Aisu Kuraimā?), are the pair of playable protagonists from the game Ice Climber, released in the pre-Super Mario Bros. era of NES games, as well as the Smash Bros series.
Why They Rock
- The two represent the NES era of Nintendo's history in the Smash Bros. series, with a new simple yet highly-detailed design that is nearly identical to their original 8-bit counterparts.
- They are a brother-and-sister duo that are equally skilled and respect one another.
- They are a dual-controlled pair, making them unique compared to the other fighters in Smash.
- They played a huge role in Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary.
- Their fighting dynamic in Smash forces the player must ensure the safety of not one, but two characters at the same time.
- Thankfully, the two will return for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Without one another, they equally will be less effective during fighting.
- Since they're silent characters in both Smash and their original game, they greatly lack a personality.
- Though the two were representatives in Smash Melee and Brawl, they did not return in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U due to technical difficult with the 3DS.
- The Ice Climbers made their debut appearance in the Super Smash Bros. series, after sixteen years of the release of their original game.