Homer Simpson (born in May 12th, 1956) is a fictional character and the main protagonist of the American animated sitcom The Simpsons as the patriarch of the eponymous family.
Why He Rocks
- He is one of the biggest adult cartoon icons in history.
- His iconic "D'oh" catchphrase.
- His famous obsession with donuts.
- He is an extremely caring and loving man when he needs to be, like when he stood up for Ned Flanders, now that's something to show Ned respect for a change.
- He can be a great husband and father at times.
- He has accomplished some great feats. For example, he once started a buddy cop relationship with Ned Flanders, which is badass.
- He was in a great band when he was younger.
- His mean-spirited nature can be hilarious, especially when he strangles Bart, and even in the Tracey Ullman show shorts, and also in the first season.
- He got upset when he made his first enemy, showing that he does not want to hold grudges with anyone.
- Dan Castellaneta's voice role for him is just what an airhead father always says.
- He can act selfish and lazy at times.
- Sometimes his mean-spirited nature can be sad rather than funny, mostly in the episodes where he is most flanderized.
- He got flanderized since Season 11. He isn't as horrible as Peter Griffin (Seasons 7-current), but at least he can get better.
- His Strangling Bart (and occasionally other people) Running Gag can get tiring way too to some people since he keeps strangling him...who knows how many times!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.