Homer Simpson (born in May 12th, 1956) is a fictional character and the main protagonist of the American animated sitcom The Simpsons as the patriarch of the eponymous family.
Why He Rocks
- He is one of the biggest adult cartoon icons in history.
- His iconic "D'oh" catchphrase.
- His famous obsession with donuts.
- He is an extremely caring and loving man when he needs to be, like when he stood up for Ned Flanders, now that's something to show Ned respect for a change.
- He's a great husband and father even though he make mistakes.
- He has accomplished some great feats. For example, he once started a buddy cop relationship with Ned Flanders, which is badass.
- He was in a great band when he was younger.
- He got upset when he made his first enemy, showing that he does not want to hold grudges with anyone.
- Dan Castellaneta's voice role for him is just what an airhead father always says.
- He can act selfish and lazy at times.
- Sometimes his mean-spirited nature can be sad rather than funny, mostly in the episodes where he is most flanderizied.
- He got flanderized after the film and since Season 11. He's still good hearted and isn't as horrible as Peter Griffin (Seasons 7-current), but at least he can get better.
- His Strangling Bart (and occasionally other people) Running Gag can get tiring way too to some people since he keeps strangling him...who knows how many times!