(535th Page on this Wikia!)
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ― Han to Luke Skywalker
Han Solo (born 32 BBY - dies 34 ABY) is one of the protagonists of the Star Wars franchise. He was the tritagonist of the original trilogy, and a major character in the sequel trilogy, appearing as the tritagonist of The Force Awakens and as a posthumous character in both The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker. He was also the titular protagonist of his own anthology film, Solo: A Star Wars Story.
He is portrayed by Harrison Ford.
Why He Rocks
- He's one of the most charismatic and bold characters in the franchise. Ford's performance makes it all the more cool.
- He's the captain and owner of the Millennium Falcon which is one of the fastest ships in the galaxy.
- His character serves as a good foil to Luke. Whereas Luke genuinely cares about the safety of the galaxy and wants to protect them from the empire, Han on the other hand was only interested the journey because he was getting paid and wanted to deal with Jabba's shipment.
- Considering he's flown to various areas in the galaxy, he has more experience in adventuring and combat than Luke himself, so it's natural that he'd be a bit cocky about it.
- Character Development: Even though the story's mainly about Luke's arc in becoming a Jedi, Han went through a character arc of his own. During A New Hope, He was initially self-centered and a control freak, but when he starts to realize their intentions he finally decided to get on board and help the Rebels.
- His and Chewbacca's iconic relationship is especially noteworthy.
- Han shares a lot of excellent chemistry with Leia and turns out to be a great and loyal teammate, which just goes to show how far he had gone from the arrogant, selfish, smug guy he was at the beginning of A New Hope, and it only makes the scene where he's frozen in carbonite in the end of Empire Strikes Back even more depressing.
- "That's not how the force works!"
- Han Solo came in 14th place in the Heroes category on AFI's 100 Heroes and Villains countdown.
|Star Wars Characters|
Rebel Alliance and New Republic
Rebel Alliance & New Republic Navy
Rogue One Squad
Cirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus
The Jedi Order
The Sith Order
The Galactic Republic
Padmé Amidala | Clone Troopers (Fives and Echo | Commander Rex | 99)
Bounty Hunters and Mercenaries
Boba Fett | Cad Bane | Jabba the Hut | Cornelius Evazan and Ponda Baba | Ziro the Hutt | Hondo Ohnaka
New Republic Era
The Mandalorian | Cara Dune | Greef Karga | Fennec Shand | Migs Mayfeld
Asajj Ventress | Mother Talzin | Savage Opress
Satine Kryze | Bo-Katan Kryze | Pre Vizsla
Steela Gerrera | Saw Gerrera
Cham Syndulla | Numa
Other Outer Rim Worlds
The Child | Prince Xizor | The Force Priestesses | The Father, The Daughter, and The Son