Geno (whose real name is ♡♪!?) is a warrior from Star Road and one of Mario's partners in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. He is sent by "a higher authority" to restore peace to Mario's world. During the events of Super Mario RPG, he teams up with Mario's team, which consists of Mario, Mallow, Princess Toadstool and Bowser and helps them out on their quest to defeat Smithy.
Why He Rocks
- The idea of a wooden doll with wizard-like abilities is very interesting.
- His arm cannon is very unique and awesome.
- He has become a favorite amongst fans, to the point where Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai actually wanted to include him in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, although he later scrapped the idea.
- He would eventually include Geno as a Mii Fighter costume in Super Smash Bros. 4 as DLC, and as a spirit in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Like some other fan-favorite fictional characters, Geno has zero presence to the casual eye.
- One of his moves, Geno Whirl, is the most powerful move out of every playable character in the game, as it deals the attack will do 9,999 damage if timed correctly.
- He looks really well-designed, especially for a character in the Super Mario franchise.
- He is authoritative but enthusiastic, being a defiant hero type, as well as having a sense of responsibility.
- He has at least one cameo in a mini-game in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
- Geno, like most of the Super Mario RPG cast created for the game, has his rights tied with Square Enix. This makes his lack of appearances fairly understandable due to the legal logistics involved to even have him cameo. This is actually fairly unusual, as most intellectual property laws for most countries maintain that any element created specifically for a specific setting belongs to the owner of said setting, which in this case would be Nintendo.
- Although he has high attack in battle, he has lower defense.
- It is very difficult to unlock his spirit in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, unless if you summon his spirit.