General Grievous is the supreme cyborg commander of the CIS Droid Army and a major antagonist in the Star Wars universe.
He first appeared as a minor antagonist in Season 2 of the Legends 2003 miniseries Star Wars: Clone Wars, and later served as the main antagonist of Season 3. He is also the secondary antagonist of both Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and the 2008 TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and a posthumous antagonist in the 2019 video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
Why He Rocks
- He is a very intimidating threat in the Legends continuity and the 2003 series.
- He's shown to be a great warrior. As he fought 5 Jedi and kills everyone of them.
- His backstory is a bit heartbreaking, where he lost his love interest and his people suffering from starvation.
- His hatred against the Jedi is pretty understandable, seeing how he was lied to by Count Dooku.
- His voice in the 2003 series sounds really threatening compared to how he sounds today.
- He is basically a foreshadowing of Darth Vader.
- His fighting skills are awesome in the 2003 series.
- His design is unique.
- His character development is pretty good in legends, unlike how he was portrayed in Revenge of the Sith and 2008 series.
- Iconic theme song.
- Some memorable lines like "Run Jedi, run. You have only prolonged the inevitable." "Jedi scum.".
- Sadly, he was butchered in Revenge of the Sith and the 2008 Clone Wars series. As he treated to be much weaker in both and even died in a pretty lame way.
- He talks too much.
- He gets beaten by gungans, when he should've have killed them in a second.
- In his first appearance in the Legends miniseries Star Wars: Clone Wars he was significantly more powerful than in his later appearances, being able to defeat multiple members of the Jedi council at once with relative ease.