(505th Page on this Wikia!)
Gary the Snail is SpongeBob's pet snail and a major character of the children's animated comedy series, SpongeBob SquarePants.
Why He Rocks
- He has an adorable design.
- He can be a helpful friend when he wants to even if he gets nothing in return, like in the end of "Your Shoe's Untied" when he tied SpongeBob's shoes and even taught him how to do so.
- SpongeBob and he have the best chemistry.
- He has his funny moments in Fungus Among Us.
- He de-icked every resident in Bikini Bottom.
- He was aware that Puffy Fluffy was a bad pet and saved SpongeBob from him.
- Aside from Squidward, Karen, and Plankton, he was the least flanderized in seasons 6-8.
- He was the center of attention in the 3rd SpongeBob movie, Sponge on the Run.
- He isn't afraid to act brave to save his friends.
- He's pretty smart for a snail who acts like a dog/cat.
- "Eh, no."
The Only Bad Quality
- He was unlikable in the episode, Once Bitten, for biting everyone in Bikini Bottom.
- The episodes "Your Shoe's Untied" and "Earworm" show Gary having a record player under his shell.
- His favorite food is Snail-Po, and later Snail Bites.
- On the Adventures in Bikini Bottom LEGO set, Gary's shell is orange.
- In the first teaser trailer for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Gary is shown enjoying taking a bath with SpongeBob as the latter plays with his water toys, even though Gary is shown to hate taking baths.
- It is revealed in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water that Gary hates mayonnaise.
- Gary has arms, as seen in "Have You Seen This Snail?," "The Gift of Gum," and "Grooming Gary."
- In addition to this, "Your Shoe's Untied" and "SpongeBob's Last Stand" reveal that he has feet.
- The scene from "Help Wanted" in which SpongeBob wakes up and greets Gary originally ended with Gary taking a bite from a cactus, about garden snails' tendency to feed on succulent plants. The book Not Just Cartoons: Nicktoons! features the original storyboard of this scene.
- He is the only major character In the series who has not appeared In Sandy's treedome.
- He didn't become a main character until early 2000.
- In "The Way of the Sponge," when SpongeBob leaves, Gary's meow sounds like he is saying "farewell."
- Gary appears as a cameo in both Snail Bob 2 game installments.
- His birthday is November 27, 1989 making him a Sagittarius.
- In a theory based on SpongeBob and his friends representing "The 7 Deadly Sins", Gary is considered to be the "Glutton" as several examples were shown in many episodes or pieces of media that revolved him eating a lot of snail food that resembles real-life pets such as dogs.