"The name's Fox. Fox McCloud. My father passed away 5 years ago. To carry on his legacy, I brought his team out of retirement: Star Fox. The elite squadron he founded and died to protect. I've recruited the best teammates a squad leader could ask for, like a brilliant young inventor and close friend from my academy days, Slippy Toad. And Falco Lombardi, a hotshot flyboy who's kind of a handful, but also one of the best pilots I've ever met. Yep, like I said, the best teammates a squad leader could ask for."
-Fox, Star Fox Zero
Fox McCloud is a fictional anthropomorphic fox and the main character in the Star Fox series. He is the leader of the Star Fox team, and is the son of the legendary James McCloud, the late leader of said team.
Why He Rocks
- Described as a fearless hero, Fox is headstrong and an excellent pilot in his league, with skills excelling even the majority of the Cornerian military.
- He is a skilled pilot with a strong sense of justice.
- He is great leader to the titular Star Fox team and is pitted largely against the forces of evil trembling through the reaches of space like Andross and Star Wolf.
- He greatly cares about the people in his life, as he dropped out of the Cornerian Flight Academy in order to avenge his father's death.
- He exhibited exceptional aerial skills even at a puerile age, resulting in him joining the Cornerian Flight academy.
- His friendly rivalry with fellow teammate, Falco Lombardi.
- Even though Peppy was older than all the other Star Fox Team members, he declined the leadership role and insisted that the younger Fox McCloud take over the team after his late father.
- He ended two intergalactic wars, though with minor assistance from his team.
- His iconic move set In the Super Smash Bros. series, particularly Melee, with his reflector, blaster, and illusion/fire abilities.
- He tends to be not very cunning, where he would often shoot first and then ask questions later.
- His newer games like Star Fox Zero and the long-awaited Star Fox 2 haven't been well-received.
- Like Krystal, Fox was out-of-character in Star Fox: Command, as he became more of a jerk to his friends in a couple of paths in this game.
- His personality was modeled after his creator, Shigeru Miyamoto.
- Aside form Falco, Fox is the sole member of Star Fox whose full name is accurate to his species, as Peppy and Slippy are a rabbit and frog, contrary to their surnames.