(460th PAGE ON THIS WIKIA!)
"Why am I alive?" -Forky, stating the facts.
Forky is the tritagonist in Disney•Pixar computer-animated feature film, Toy Story 4. He is a handcrafted toy from a plastic spork with pipe-cleaners and googly eyes by Bonnie Anderson who insists that he's trash and not a toy.
He is voiced by Tony Hale.
Why He Rocks
- Tony Hale did an amazing job voicing him.
- He received near-instant popularity in online communities shortly after his reveal, with many people claiming to relate to his personality and insecurities.
- He was so popular he got his own short series on Disney+ where he asks many philosophical and literal questions!
- Exceptional design. In usual genius Pixar fashion, the team managed to give a common household plastic spork a lovable, charming, and easy-on-the-eyes design.
- He gets decent character development; he starts out as a single-minded nuisance obsessed with trash, but then gets used to being a toy.
- For someone as new to being alive and simple-minded, he is quite hilarious with witty lines like "I was made for soup, salad, maybe chili, and then the trash!"
- He can easily relate to anyone who has self-doubt, self-loathing and existential problems.
- With Woody's influence, he gradually shows a kind-hearted and warm personality as he is friendly towards almost everyone he meets, including Gabby Gabby, the toy who stole him away from Woody and is very sympathetic towards the former's plight and took the time to watch her try and win over Harmony.
- It is never properly explained how he is alive.
- He is the second spork to appear in a Pixar film, the first one being in WALL-E.
- According to the official Funko POP!, he is actually a Pizza Planet spork as "Pizza Planet" is written on the back of the toy.