WARNING: This character article contains major spoilers for
Stanford Filbrick "Ford" Pines, Ph.D., also known as The Author, is the writer of journals 1, 2, and 3, as well as the long-lost older twin brother of Stan Pines and a main character in the last season of the Disney series Gravity Falls.
Ford is a paranormal investigator who came to Gravity Falls, Oregon, to study the huge concentration of supernatural activity in and around the town. After spending years of cataloging his research in a series of journals, he disappeared into an alternate dimension. His writings were left as the only evidence of his existence.
Ford's identity and whereabouts were a central mystery and element of foreshadowing of the Gravity Falls series until the middle of the show's second season when he was revealed to be Stan Pines' long-lost twin brother, who vanished after a fight with his brother caused him to stumble through the universe portal.
Why He Rocks
- He is the author of the 3 journals, and has recorded research and data of all the supernatural in Gravity Falls.
- He has genius level intellect, and has invented all kinds of inventions like his interdimensional Portal.
- He cares for his family, and tries to keep them out of danger.
- He has been to many different dimensions.
- He is voiced by J.K. Simmons, and he does a awesome performance.
- He's been quite selfish and callous to his twin brother Stan.