NOTE: 290th PAGE ON THIS WIKI!!!
Fafnir (ファフニール Fafunīru), AKA Takeshi Ooyama (大山 猛 Ōyama Takeshi) is a supporting character in the series. He is Makoto Takiya’s roommate and friend via Tohru's help. He was the third dragon to be introduced in the anime.
Why He Rocks
- Fafnir is unique in that he doesn't just have a dragon form, but also an ogre form.
- Fafnir, alongside Kanna Kamui and Elma are the only two dragons who have surnames.
- Fafnir and the latter have their surnames in kanji, but unlike her (Who used her dragon name as her first name), Fafnir's alias is in all kanji.
- At the beginning of the series, he hated them much like the Emperor of Demise, but unlike the latter, the former's heart warmed up and became almost like a human and has similar interests to pure humans.
- Much like Lucoa, he is shown as Tohru's senior and is always there for advice.
- He has a calm, collected demeanor that reflected his slightly gloomy face.
- His addiction to video games can get very overboard.
- Fafnir is pessimistic to the point that he isn't as beloved as the other dragons.
- He is the only dragon who doesn't even have a horn.
- Fafnir is also the name of a dragon in Norse mythology, who is the son of the dwarf king Hreidmar.
- Fafnir's dragon form is 20 Meters Tall.
- Fafnir in his dragon form bears a striking resemblance to the Ogdru-Jahad from the Hellboy comics.
- Out of all the dragons from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, he is the most powerful, exceeded by the Emperor of Demise.
- However, Fafnir is the most powerful heroic dragon in said series.