Esmeralda is the deuteragonist of Disney's 1996 animated feature film, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. She is voiced by Demi Moore and Heidi Mollenhauer provides her singing voice.
Why She Rocks
- She’s not afraid to do what is right, such as when she calls out Frollo and the crowd for torturing Quasimodo during the Feast of Fools.
- Her song, “God Help The Outcasts”, is beautifully song and shows she now relies hope in God, despite being a gypsy.
- She is incredibly attractive as shown in the songs “Heaven’s Light” and “Hellfire”.
- She is one of Disney’s most beautiful and bravest heroines to ever appear on the big screen that’s NOT a princess.
- She is willing to make any sacrifices towards the ones she cares about.
- Her tricks and dancing is beyond magnificent.
- Her goal is to bring justice and equality to the gypsies whom Frollo frowns upon.
- She scolds Frollo for his hypocrisy and calls for justice for Quasimodo when nobody else would.
- Esmeralda is willing to face death to do the right thing as seen when she’s about to be burned stake, luckily Quasimodo saves her.
- Her heartwarming relationship with Phoebus, which is proven by them having a son in the 2nd film, Zephyr (even though he was a brat).
- She still remains likable in the sequel, along with all of the other returning characters from the 1st film.
The Only Bad Quality
- While she still remains likable in the 2nd film, she got very little screen time during the sequel.