Eddy is one of the three protagonists in Ed, Edd n Eddy and the self-appointed ambitious leader of the Eds.
Why He Rocks
- Although he is very selfish, His ideas for scams can be very interesting.
- Eddy has a imagination, somewhat lives in his own world, in which everyone loves and admires him. In this world, he is more intelligent than Edd and is the literal King of the Cul-De-Sac.
- His hate for birds can also be funny at times.
- However, in the movie, the reason of his behavior it's explained: It turns out that all his selfish and mean traits were all a mask, only acting like his brother just to earn his brother's respect and be friends with everyone; which had the opposite effect and nearly lost his dear best friends because of his behavior. His true self is a sad, misunderstood and self-hating kid who yearned love and respect and was abused and mistreated his entire life.
- His lines are also pretty funny. Like "What? And ruin the plot?" and "'I want free popcorn! I want free popcorn!' What do I look like, some popcorn fairy?"
- Eddy broke the Fourth Wall 17 times, more than any other character in the show.
- Eddy is often selfish, and mostly works for his own interests, sometimes even neglecting his friends. Because he is frequently overambitious, deceiving, loud, and power-hungry, his peers often socially reject him. But at least he doesn't care about himself unlike Bloo.
- Judging by the way you view him you can either find him funny or just plain annoying.
- His I.D. in "Your Ed Here" has revealed many things about him. His middle name is "Skipper," he is 12 years old (though this may have changed through the course of the series) and he lives at 220 Rethink Avenue (but in the episode "To Sir with Ed" his house number is 200).
- Eddy is also the only character in the whole series to have his age and address revealed.
- Eddy's age was first shown (implicitly) in "A Pinch to Grow an Ed", too.
- Eddy broke the fourth wall 17 times, more than any other character in the show.
- Eddy has the same color clothing scheme as Rolf; a yellow shirt with a red stripe, light blue pants and red shoes.
- However, in addition, Eddy has purple as part of his color scheme. His shirt has a bright shade of yellow whereas Rolf's shirt is more goldenrod. The red stripe on Eddy's shirt is vertical whereas Rolf's stripe is horizontal.
- Eddy is the only character to have all of his immediate family members seen at least partially: Eddy's Brother in the movie, his Dad's arm in "Mission Ed-Possible" and his Mom's arm in "Smile for the Ed."
- Eddy is actually considerably strong despite his small size, as evidenced in "The Luck of the Ed" when he is able to pick Ed up by his legs, hold him above his head and then smash him down on Edd. There have been other moments of extraordinary strength, such as when he is able to pick Kevin up and body slam him multiple times in "Ready, Set... Ed!" There are other moments where he can very easily subdue people, push them, and/or throw them.
- He claims that he used to have a gerbil as mentioned in "Oath to an Ed."
- In "A Pinch to Grow an Ed," it is revealed that Eddy has not gotten taller since he was 11 years old, which is shown on his wall with all the height measurements he recorded.
- Eddy can become extremely angry, aggressive, and/or crazy if any of the following happen to him.
- When there aren't any kids for him to scam ("Laugh Ed Laugh").
- When people start destroying his room and breaking his personal items for no purpose ("Dear Ed," "Home Cooked Eds," and "Momma's Little Ed").
- When he loses his magazines and they are not found after a while ("The Luck of the Ed").
- When people mock him because of his short height ("A Pinch to Grow an Ed").
- Pancakes give Eddy gas, as he mumbled in the episode "It Came From Outer Ed."
- His report card grades, as seen in the episode "Mission Ed-Possible," are the following:
- Art: F
- Science: F
- English: F
- History: F
- Remedial Math: F
- Wood Shop: F
- Cooking: F
- Eddy is a fan of Tom Jones and Barry White, evidenced by the records and posters in his room.
- Eddy is a very capable juggler, as seen in "Sir Ed-a-Lot," as he is capable of keeping many objects, some of them relatively large and/or bulky, in the air.
- The boomerang in "Hand Me Down Ed" affects Eddy by making him maternal and adopt a suitcase that he named Casey Jr.
- Eddy has compared his accomplishments to his brother's multiple times in the show, hinting at a sort of inferiority complex, and given Eddy's Brother's character (as revealed in the movie), Eddy's Brother could have gloated about his success to Eddy.
- Eddy might be a fan of pro wrestling, as in "Tag Yer Ed," he claims that wrestling is "the ultimate de-wimpifier", and also seems to know a lot about the technical aspects of wrestling.
- In the movie, Eddy has some considerable character development. Eddy felt remorse and tearfully apologized for and admitted his wrongdoing in all of his past actions, thus setting the stage for his immediate change in personality and his immediate acceptance into popularity.
- Eddy displayed paranoia when he was accepted by the kids as "Carl" in "Pick an Ed" implying that he may have trust issues, most likely due to his history with his brother.
- While Eddy always boasts about how good his omelets are, in his report card his grade in cooking, like in everything else, is F.
- Eddy's usual running style is leaning forward with arms stretched forward, as if he is trying to catch something right in front of him.
- Interestingly, in the episode "Mirror, Mirror, on the Ed," while being chased by Kevin he reverts to his original run style as opposed to Edd's.
- Eddy doesn't like it when people touch him (which is shown in "Ed-n-Seek," "Momma's Little Ed," and "Brother, Can You Spare an Ed?").
- Edd claims that Eddy hates monster trucks in "A Town Called Ed."
- Eddy appeared in the Cartoon Cartoons bumper for Ed, Edd n Eddy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.