"I love chickens!"
Ed is one of the three protagonists in Ed, Edd, n Eddy. He is the strongest and the least intelligent member of the Eds.
Why He Rocks
- Ed is kind, good-natured, and happy-go-lucky with a positive attitude towards almost everything and everyone he encounters. He is the type of person who sees everybody he meets as a potential friend.
- Ed is also very absent-minded and naive, making him the perfect candidate for Eddy to help him with his scams, as Ed hardly ever questions them.
- Even so, Ed never feels abused by Eddy despite being the workhorse for almost all of Eddy's scams.
- Ed is a loyal fan of low-budget horror movies, comic books, and animal lover as well, with chickens being his favorite animals, a running gag throughout the series.
- Ed has some of the best lines of the show, like, "Canadians are weird!" and "How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose?"
- Ed's skull is literally a piece of buttered toast, which is hilarious.
- Ed is easily manipulated, mostly by Eddy and Sarah.
- Ed's hair color is red/ginger, as seen in "Over Your Ed."
- Ed's most prominent facial features are his monobrow and his underdeveloped chin, both of which are often referenced by other characters, particularly Eddy.
- Despite his horrible hygiene and noted lack of toothpaste use, Ed has noticeably white teeth, whereas other characters, such as Rolf and two of the Kanker sisters (Lee and Marie), are shown with visibly yellowed teeth.
- In "Smile for the Ed" , Ed's middle name is revealed to be "Horace".
- In "The Luck of the Ed," it is shown that Ed's eyebrow can be removed.
- Ed is the only Ed who was never kissed by Nazz.
- Ed has been known to have multiple allergies, these being rabbits ("Flea-Bitten Ed"), dandelions ("Honor Thy Ed"), eels ("Dueling Eds") and butterscotch pudding ("All Eds Are Off"). He may also be allergic to cats as hinted in "Mission Ed-Possible."
- In "Take This Ed and Shove It," Ed says that he wants to be rice (Frisco style) when he grows up.
- In "Look Into My Eds" it's revealed that Ed dreams of becoming a ballet dancer.
- In "Boom Boom Out Goes the Ed," it is discovered that his skull is a piece of buttered toast with two holes for eye sockets and a slice of butter for the nose. But in "Flea-Bitten Ed," when Edd x-rays him, he is shown to have a normal skull, but with a bone where his eyebrow should be. In "Cool Hand Ed" the inside of his head is shown with a small brain, a bandage, a spoon, and a crushed soda can inside his head.
- Ed has Acrophobia (a fear of heights), which is notably shown in "A Pinch to Grow an Ed," "Virt-Ed-Go," "Gimme, Gimme Never Ed," and Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show.
- Ed is afraid of soap as shown in "Once Upon an Ed" and "Run for your Ed," however he had no problem with soap in "Over Your Ed."
- Only 3 characters have managed to make Ed mad: namely Jonny 2x4, Sarah, and Eddy's Brother (if the episode "Little Ed Blue" isn't counted).
- Ed has only thought up one scam in the entire series, which turned out to be a curse copied from a comic book in "It Came From Outer Ed."
- Ed can perfectly play the flute ("Who's Minding the Ed?") and the saxophone ("Smile for the Ed"), yet was forced to play the violin by his parents ("Pain in the Ed").
- According to himself in "Over Your Ed," Ed's height is 5'9, which is the average height of an adult American male, but is tall for his age.
- While Ed can be friendly and nice, he can become angry, aggressive, and/or crazy if any of the following happens to him:
- If a pebble gets stuck in his shoe (as shown in "Little Ed Blue").
- If he is interrupted while he is watching the Eight Hour Monster Movie Marathon" (as shown in "Knock Knock Who's Ed?").
- If he has watched too many monster movies in a row for too long (as shown in Ed, Edd n Eddy's Boo Haw Haw).
- If he hasn't had gravy for a very long period of time (as shown in "All Eds are Off").
- If his eyebrow is stolen and used for blackmail at the risk of losing it (as shown in "Luck of the Ed").
- Ed revealed in "Who, What, Where, Ed" that he used to have braces.
- In "X Marks the Ed" it was revealed that Ed is afraid of wigs, yet in "A Boy and His Ed" he was wearing a clown wig (and even asked to keep it), and in "Quick Shot Ed" he was forced to wear a wig by the Kankers and showed no ill effects. In addition, in the comic "Sugar, Spice, Ed" he wore a woman's wig (as did Edd and Eddy).
- He could mean that he's scared of wigs on someone other than himself, which could've been a consequence of the events in "Quick Shot Ed".
- Ed sleepwalks and sleep eats, as shown in "A Glass of Warm Ed" and "Run for your Ed."
- Ed has a pet turtle, as seen in "Ready, Set... Ed!" "From Here to Ed," and "Run Ed Run."
- Ed got an A for history on his report card in "Mission Ed-Possible." However, in an earlier shot it showed that his report card said F on everything, making this an animation error.
- Ed once had seagulls trapped under his bed in "Ready, Set... Ed!" Some of their names were "Penelope," "Edmund," and "Nestor."
- In "Scrambled Ed", it was shown that Ed has a collection of sponges, and hides them in his wall. They reappear in Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show where he threw them into the wind while preparing to leave the Cul-de-Sac.
- He has at least four lucky charms.
- Ed can lift a house with one or two hands, as seen in "Cry Ed" and "Every Which Way But Ed."
- Danny Antonucci has said that Ed is based on his easily distracted, oft-daydreaming, dysfunctional side that was always focusing on something else while in the middle of an activity.
- He gets gas when he eats strudel ("No Speak Da Ed").
- He is a talented artist as seen in multiple episodes.
- He is known to have a number of allergies:
- Ed was among the candidates for Cartoon Network’s 2004 Presidential Election along with his running mate Grim from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, the other candidates and running mates were Plank and Jonny, and Numbuh 1 from Codename: Kids Next Door and Eduardo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
- On November 5th of that year during Cartoon Network Friday Night, Ed was declared the winner of the election and therefore the new president. Upon his victory (appearing alongside Grim, Edd, and the Mayor of Townsville), Ed tried to talk to the public about a very important issue, until he was distracted when he thought someone in the audience had jawbreakers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.