Earl Deveraux is a character from the 2009 American animated film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and its 2013 sequel, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. He is the only policeman of Swallow Falls.
He appears as a minor antagonist early on in the movie who sees Flint as a menace to the town, but as the story progresses he sees the good of Flint's FLDSMDFR and asks him if could make it snow ice cream for his son. By the end after the disasters caused by the corrupted FLDSMDFR, Earl stands up for Flint when the rest of the town was ready to blame him for everything.
In the sequel, he helps Flint on his mission when he wants to return to the Transformed Swallow Falls.
Why He Rocks
- He is a very athletic and overprotective man who takes his job as an officer of the law very seriously and with pride and always enjoys performing over the top athletic and action poses whenever possible, to a point of seeming comical, and he is very proud of his masculinity and enjoys being as manly as possible and dislikes the thought of actually showing tears.
- He can also be overreactive and over-the-top sometimes with a gruff kind of voice and temper.
- He is also a very caring and loving family man who loves his wife and son very much and is willing to do anything for them and never ceases to remind his son just how much he cares about him.
- He also cares a lot about the safety of the people of Swallow Falls and even helped organize and evacuation during the "Food Hurricane" the FLDSMDFR has created.
- At the end of the second movie, he accepts the thought of showing tears.
- He got badly flanderized in a Canadian-American TV show adaptation of the film.