Dr. Facilier (also known as "The Shadow Man") is the main antagonist of Disney's 49th full-length animated feature film The Princess and the Frog. He is an evil witch doctor/bokor who plans to rule New Orleans with help from his "friends on the other side". Since his inception, Facilier has reached critical acclaim and major popularity with fans, making him one of Disney's most popular villains, in addition to quickly becoming a primary member of the Disney Villains franchise.
- He's one of the most iconic villains of the 2000s. Being voiced by Keith David helps.
- He made history by being the first black main Disney villain in a full-length feature film.
- He's very charismatic, and talks in a smooth accent that his victims easily fall for. But he still manages to be a serious threat, willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants.
- His Villain Song, "Friends On The Other Side" is extremely catchy, and demonstrates his talents and powers.
- He's smart during his planning schemes, creating a plan to get to Charlotte and her father, which would have worked had it not been for Tiana and Ray.
- Anytime he's on-screen, his antics absolutely steal the show!
- Scary as it is, his final demise, truly deserves a mention.
- His abilities are really creative, like his ability of shadows.
- Despite being the main villain, he never interacts with Tiana until the climax, and even then, it seems like the two of them had known each other from some past time, so there was a wasted opportunity where they never had that past time revealed.