Douglas "Doug" Yancey Funnie is the titular main protagonist of the Nickelodeon (later Disney) animated series Doug.
Why He Rocks
- He has a very creative imagination, as he tells great stories about his alter-ego Quailman.
- He is a generous person, as he treats everyone around him with genuine respect, even his bully Roger Klutz.
- He has an incredible moral compass, as he is usually to do the right thing.
- Like Charlie Brown and Arthur Read, he is relatable to people, as he struggles with the trials of everyday life.
- He is also a talented musician, as he is proficient at playing banjo.
- He has his funny moments, hence his last name.
- He has a heroic side to him, which is notable in "Doug's 1st Movie", where he manages to save the monster Herman from the town's mayor Bill Bluff.
- He learns valuable life lessons throughout the series, growing as a person in the process.
- Billy West and Tom McHugh did excellent performance voicing in the Nickelodeon and Disney versions respectively.
- He can be shy, naive and gullible.
- He has his moments of being selfish.
- While his imagination is one of his greatest strengths, it can drive him into paranoia.