Donna Lou Retten Tubbs-Brown is the wife of Cleveland Brown and works as the principal's assistant at Stoolbend High School. She has two biological children from her previous relationship with Robert Tubbs, Roberta, and Rallo. As a result of her marriage to Cleveland, she has also gained a third child, Cleveland Brown Jr.
Why She Rocks Now
- Along with many bad characters from The Cleveland Show who had a bad start in Season 1, she has massively improved in Season 2 as she went from being a literal clone of Lois Griffin but African-American, but now, she is portrayed as a caring, hard-working and badass mother who truly loves Cleveland and her children and will stand up to those who try to cause any problems to her family.
- Sanaa Lathan does a great job at voicing her and her voice fits the character making her charming and unique. She also gives Donna a great singing voice.
- She's a great mother and wife. She always supports her daughter Roberta and truly shows love for Cleveland.
- Donna has also shown to be a bad-ass wife to the point that she can even rival her husband. The episode Hot Cocoa Bang Bang is possibly the best example of how much of a good fighter she can be. She once beat up a white woman for beating up Cleveland, Lester, Holt, and Tim. Granted, this is from Season 1, but still, it only shows her character for the better.
- She has a pretty attractive design which could rival both Lois and Francine.
- Donna will not act like your typical wife who does what her husband tells her as instead, she will question some of his decisions as well as also scolding him whenever he does something bad or immoral.
- Donna was unlikable in Season 1.
- She was very unlikable in A Vas Deferens Between Men and Women as she fakes being pregnant because Cleveland never got a vasectomy. She was also unlikable in Dancing With the Stools as she literally shot her own husband's leg because he is not a good dancer. She also was unlikable in He's Bla-ack! since she wanted Cleveland to not hang out with the Griffin family due to Lois accusing her of child abuse of Chris; while she does have a point in that episode about Lois and her negligence and not being too strict on her own kids, this doesn't excuse the fact that she didn't want Cleveland to hang out with Peter, despite being friends for years.
- After the cancellation of The Cleveland Show, Donna returned to Family Guy but was completely abandoned and never really did much on the show.